Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Army of Two Mask

While playing the game Army of Two I was noticing the masks the charters had on, I was wondering if there were any out there? I found some but they were all for air-soft or paintball and had mesh covering the eyes and I knew that would not do. I did some looking and found a pep file.



I figured that it would work for what I needed it for and started work on it. I printed it all out and started cutting and gluing.




I next had to put a couple coats of fiberglass resin and fiberglass.



I tried to keep the bondo in small patches so that I would have more time to work with it and put it in thin coats. I started with the bottom half I figured that if I did it in two halfs that i would always have a dry end to hold.



once I sanded down the bottom half I started on the top half and sanded it down as well. after that it was time to fill in the nooks and crannies.





after I was happy with the smoothness then I Put a coat of fiberglass resin to get into the small cracks and give it a smooth gloss to it. onces that was done I started marking out the slots for the snaps to connect it to the back harness that I am making to hold it to my head.


After I had marked out some rough spots I went ahead and put a coat of primer to see all of the ruff spots, and sanded them down smooth as butter.



I wanted to make a mold of it so I could make multiple masks fast. so i started building up the silicone on the mask. now I have never made a mold of anything so this is was a learning experience.



I had to make a mother shell to hold the silicone in place for casting.



thats all for now keep looking back here for the cast from the mask!!

No comments:

Post a Comment